WHO WE ARE:
A21 is a nonprofit organization fueled by radical hope that human beings everywhere will be rescued from bondage and completely restored. We are the abolitionists of the 21st century, and we work to free people in slavery and disrupt the demand.
For almost 13 years now, we've rolled up our sleeves and set our feet to action. Why? Because in a single moment a number can turn into a name, a tragedy into a victory, and a belief into an action.
Freedom. That's our goal for every human being on the planet.
Our Mission: Abolish slavery everywhere, forever.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Case Worker
- To assist with the running of A21 Restore Program to survivors of human trafficking to ensure the best possible outcome for each individual. This includes residential survivors and survivor Restore facilitated both in and outside the A21 Freedom Center.
- To assist in interviewing potential VoTs.
- To assist in crisis situations as directed by Country Manager and Country Restore Manager.
- To participate in “on call roster” as directed by Country Manager and Country Restore Manager.
- To assist with A21 SRS repatriations as directed by Country Manager, and Country Restore Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY DUTIES
Working with Survivors
- Conduct Potential VoT Interview or Initial Interview as directed by the Country Restore Manager.
- To provide emotional and psychological support to individual survivors as required.
- To provide basic needs such as food and clothing according to need.
- Cooperate with Law enforcement and Partner NGO’s to ensure best possible care for survivors. Accompany the survivors to appointments (e.g. lawyer, police, medical, etc.) when necessary.
- To ensure that survivors have a valid ID to travel
- To accompany survivors, when applicable, to safe accommodation.
- To arrange details for A21 SRS repatriations/relocations when applicable with Country Manager and/or Country Restore Manager as appropriate.
- To complete appropriate reporting forms in compliance with A21 Policies and Procedures.
- Perform any other duties that may arise in the course of the shift, as appropriate to the individual’s knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
- Conduct A21 Restoration Programs according to the individual needs of the survivor.
- To write Survivor Financial Agreements and submit to Country Manager, Country Restore Manager and Director of Restore when applicable.
- Assist survivors as they commence the process of building a new life, with appropriate outside interests and begin to form a circle of friends as they move toward independent living.
- Assist survivors in the process of educational and vocational opportunities.
- Assist survivors in finding employment and housing.
- Assist survivors with budgeting/life skills.
- To ensure that the survivors have all required documentation in order for them to apply for jobs or education.
- To ensure that survivors understand the relevant government system and departments that they are likely to encounter.
Working with Crisis Situations
- Respond to crisis situations as directed by Country Manager and Country Restore Manager. This may include, but is not limited to, interviewing a potential new VoT to assess whether A21 can help, transporting a new resident to/from an A21 Program, traveling to other cities or towns to assist a survivor, responding to medical emergency for a survivor.
Working with External Agencies
- To liaise with other agencies as necessary to support the progress of the survivors.
- Attend regular staff meetings as directed by Country Manager
- Required to have Supervision once per month (allocated by A21).
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of the Child Protection Policy and how it impacts the role of the caseworker in terms of responsibility.
- To have read, signed and understood the A21 Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Nondisclosure Agreement and how it relates to the role of Caseworker, and ensure compliance with those standards at all times.
- To have completed the A21 Psychological First Aid Training.
Country Specific Instructions
- Ensure all progress notes and paperwork for cases worked on are up to date and of high quality.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS - Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Education - Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Counseling or relevant discipline
- Minimum two years experience in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Counseling or relevant discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and native language
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Good understanding of trauma
- Good crisis management skills
- Good case management skills
- Strong leadership skills to maintain and support staff
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, maintains confidential information
- Experience working with Government and Non-Government Organisations
- Excellent Microsoft computer skills including excel
- Provide a working with Children Check or Police Check with no infringements
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours including weekends at times of need
- Uphold, safeguard and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, corporate social responsibility.
- Training and facilitation skills
- Experience working with community groups or social work case management
- To hold a driver’s license with no pending infringements
- Current First Aid Certificate