WHO WE ARE:
A21 is a nonprofit organization fueled by radical hope that human beings everywhere will be rescued from bondage and completely restored. We are the abolitionists of the 21st century, and we work to free people in slavery and disrupt the demand.
For 12 years now, we've rolled up our sleeves and set our feet to action. Why? Because in a single moment a number can turn into a name, a tragedy into a victory, and a belief into an action.
Freedom. That's our goal for every human being on the planet.
Our Mission: Abolish slavery everywhere, forever.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Lead Graphic Designer
The purpose of the Lead Graphic Designer is to ensure effective and consistent communication of the A21 visual brand across web, socials, email, print and resource development. To provide effective and communicative design for A21.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY DUTIES
- Work with the Communications Manager for all design needs for A21.
- Oversee visual communication pertaining to graphic design.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to manage design requests that come in throughout the organization.
- Develop, produce, and execute design style guides for key campaigns, events, initiatives.
- Ensure that visual storytelling aligns with our brand consistently across A21 digital mediums.
- Maintain and develop systems for organizing design files on the drive to ensure team’s ability to access files.
- Provide direction, training, and ongoing support to staff and volunteers.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Maintain a creative mindset, and bring fresh new ideas and concepts with design.
- Meet deadlines and work with Marketing Manager to stay within budget.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager to help oversee large outsourced design
- Work with global team on training, and implementing our branding guide.
- Suggest and implement new ideas to develop a more effective design and visual story-telling.
- Analyze trends and the communication work of other experienced NGO’s to constantly envision new ways to operate/improve in our visual communication.
- Designs and outworks key projects and visuals for events and engagement opportunities.
- Print coordinating/planning (developing dimensions, print material idea, press checks before printing large quantities of work). This includes getting print costs approved with the Marketing Manager.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure that printing costs stay within budget.
- Continuing to move forward A21’s visual brand through research, development, and execution of assets.
- Aiding and supporting in the design needs of our global team.
- Aid in retouching/editing imagery for key campaigns or initiatives.
- Supporting our global team with resource development and presentation/visual aids.
- Assists in directing photo-shoots.
- Works with the resource department in product development and design.
- Submit monthly reports to the Marketing Manager on overall email effectiveness, impact, and growth.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to timeline and aid in coordinating campaigns and key projects for the Communication/Marketing department.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS - Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Have instinctive ability to exercise good judgement in manipulating the formal elements of visual communication such as contrast, scale, color, pacing and typography.
- Understanding of effective design elements.
- Ability to implement and manage under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Experience in managing budgets, project expenditure and delivering organizational outcomes
- Expert knowledge of design programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Lightroom)
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Confidence in inspiring and mentoring volunteers and the broader design team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self- motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- High degree of integrity; maintains confidential information; able to act with tact and discretion.
- Artistic ability and creativity.
- Very strong, above average interpersonal skills and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement. Ability to think strategically, analytically, and systematically.
- Passion for learning and professional growth as reflected in staying up-to-date with latest technology and design trends.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively express an organization’s vision design.
- Ability to present oneself well in look and manner.
- Proven experience working with teams to coordinate the development of graphic and video content as needed.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Uphold, safeguard and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, corporate social responsibility.
- 3+ years experience in s graphic design or art director role.
- Degree level qualification in a related field.
- Demonstrated about average problem solving skills.
- Experience with Apple computer platforms is preferred.
- Commitment to equality and diversity issues.