WHO WE ARE: A21 is a nonprofit organization fueled by radical hope that human beings everywhere will be rescued from bondage and completely restored. We are the abolitionists of the 21st century, and we work to free people in slavery and disrupt the demand.
For 13 years now, we've rolled up our sleeves and set our feet to action. Why? Because in a single moment a number can turn into a name, a tragedy into a victory, and a belief into an action. Freedom. That's our goal for every human being on the planet.
OUR MISSION: Abolish slavery everywhere, forever.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Social Worker
● To assist with the running of A21 Restore Program to survivors of human trafficking to ensure the best possible outcome for each individual. This includes residential survivors and survivor Restore facilitated both in and outside the A21 Freedom Center.
● To assist in interviewing potential VoTs.
● To assist in crisis situations as directed by management.
● To assist with A21 Survivor Relocation Services (A21 SRS) as directed by management.
● Liaise with Government institutions and Non-Government organizations to create a network of partners that will provide aftercare services for A21 cases.
* As the A21 Community Model develops, this job description may change as necessary.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY DUTIES
Working with Survivors
● Conduct Potential VoT Interview or Initial Interview as directed by management.
● To provide emotional and psychological support to individual survivors as required.
● To provide basic needs such as food and clothing according to need.
● Cooperate with Law enforcement and Partner NGO’s to ensure best possible care for survivors. Accompany the survivors to appointments (e.g. lawyer, police, medical, etc.) when necessary.
● To ensure that survivors have a valid ID to travel
● To accompany survivors, when applicable, to safe accommodation.
● To arrange details for A21 SRS repatriations/relocations when applicable.
● To complete appropriate reporting forms in compliance with A21 Policies and Procedures.
● Perform any other duties that may arise in the course of the shift, as appropriate to the individual’s knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
● Conduct A21 Life Programs according to the individual needs of the survivor.
● Prepare Survivor Care Plans.
● Conduct the Assessment of Survivor Outcomes (ASO) tool on survivors at case intake, closure and follow-up.
● Write Survivor Financial Agreements and submit to management as directed.
● Assist survivors as they commence the process of building a new life, with appropriate outside interests and begin to form a circle of friends as they move toward independent living.
● Assist survivors in the process of educational and vocational opportunities.
● Assist survivors in finding employment and housing.
● Assist survivors with budgeting/life skills.
● To ensure that the survivors have all required documentation in order for them to apply for jobs or education.
● To ensure that survivors understand the relevant government system and departments that they are likely to encounter.
● Input all case data into a case management system accordingly.
● Complete Weekly Report and all A21 case documents for each case within caseload.
Working with Crisis Situations
● Respond to crisis situations as directed by management. This may include, but is not limited to, interviewing a potential new VoT to assess whether A21 can help, transporting a new resident to/from an A21 Program, traveling to other cities or towns to assist a survivor, responding to medical emergency for a survivor.
Working with External Agencies
● Contact and establish a network of partnerships locally and abroad together with the A21 Senior Caseworker and utilize A21 contacts to provide aftercare options for survivors.
● Network and partner with police, immigration and NGOs in the country and abroad to find the best possible solution for each survivor.
● Represent A21 in the Multidisciplinary Team Meetings and all key Government and Non-Government meetings, presenting the work of A21 with excellence.
● Present and discuss A21 cases during Multidisciplinary meetings in order to advocate for each survivor.
● Attend regular staff meetings.
● Required to have Supervision once per month (allocated by A21).
● To have a good knowledge and understanding of the A21 Safeguarding Policy and how it impacts the role of the Caseworker in terms of responsibility.
● To have read, signed and understood the A21 Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and Nondisclosure Agreement and how it relates to the role of Caseworker, and ensure compliance with those standards at all times.
● To have completed the A21 Psychological First Aid Training.
Country Specific Instructions
● Ensure all progress notes and paperwork for cases worked on are up to date and of high quality.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS - Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
● Education - Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Counselling or relevant discipline
● Minimum two years experience in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Counselling or relevant discipline
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Fluent in spoken and written English and Thai
● Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
● Good understanding of trauma
● Good crisis management skills
● Good case management skills
● Strong leadership skills to maintain and support staff
● Ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, maintains confidential information
● Experience working with Government and Non-Government Organisations
● Excellent Microsoft computer skills including excel
● Provide a working with Children Check or Police Check with no infringements
● Willingness to be flexible with work hours including weekends at times of need
● Commitment to equality and diversity issues.
● Demonstrated ability to uphold, safeguard, and promote organization’s values and philosophy, particularly relating to ethics, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
● Training and facilitation skills
● Experience working with community groups or social work case management
● To hold a driver’s license with no pending infringements
● Current First Aid Certificate
Your application was submitted successfully.